Sunday, January 11, 2009

The One Where Baby Bear Grows...

Baby Bear has grown a lot this week. It has dropped for sure. It feels like carrying a 1/4 keg between my thighs. I imagine the woodcuts of women from Prohibition in downtown Cedar Falls who would transport small kegs of moonshine under their skirts between their legs.

The baby doesn't know that it is bigger, though. It still thinks it should be able to move as freely as it has the whole pregnancy. Oy, it hurts when the elbows come out! Fortunately, it is much less often that I get feet in the ribs. I LOVED being able to sing out in church this morning. I haven't been able to make it through a whole service without getting dizzy for two months. Baby Bear must have enjoyed it too. It stopped squirming when I sang. :)

We've got our next appointment tomorrow. Just a measure and listen appt. Then the week of the 19th is our 39 week examination.

Two weeks away from our due date. Thank you to everyone for your support! We're so thankful to be at 38 weeks with a healthy baby and healthy mama and as much of the nursery filled as possible. We love you all, and so will the baby when it comes into the wintery world.

Mackenzie

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update! I think baby bear will be here soon. This Grandma has started her own form of nesting! I'm imaging what baby bear will look like. You keep saying how strong willed baby bear is. Perhaps she/he has a full head of red hair! From what you say baby bear must already be working out to run with Daddy in the next marathon!
    Dad and I are thinking of all three of you!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete