Monday, January 5, 2009

Today's OB appt report

First, the really good news...the baby is absolutely doing fine. It has a strong heartbeat and seems to be positioned the right way. Also, my blood pressure is 116/70 and my weight is where it needs to be. (In case you don't remember, I lost a bunch of weight during the first two trimesters and then suddenly gained a bunch and the doctors wanted me to watch it. They are happy now.)

Second, the somewhat grouchy news... I tested positive for Strep B, which means I get IV penicillin 4 x during labor. Fortunately, the doctor said it won't inhibit my mobility, so I'll still get to use the bath, walk the halls, and sit on my birth ball.

In other news, my cold is hanging on despite Sudafed's best efforts. But I get another dose soon!

I'm looking forward to more real food tonight as my lunch and breakfast were just grand today.

OK, back to work.

Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment