Monday, January 12, 2009

The One Where Mackenzie is Surprised...



First, we promised one Miss Zelle that we would post a belly shot. So, here you go:



It's not the most flattering picture, but it gets the point across. :)

This afternoon we had our 38 week checkup. It was supposed to be a measure and listen appointment. Well, color me surprised when the nurse not only tells me I gained around five pounds this week, but that I was going to have a dilation check.

A cervical exam is NO FUN for Mom or Baby Bear. But, we did learn that I am dilated to a fingertip. I'm not sure I needed to know that, since it just makes the waiting worse. But it was kind of crazy to think about.

We both were given a thumbs up and see you next week. I get to watch what I eat, but my blood pressure is still 106/70. I like at least one good number a week.

Baby Bear is punishing me now for getting poked about by the doctor. It's pressing very hard both high and low. I think it must be stretched out all the way to get its feet under my ribs and its head so forcefully on my bottom. But I'm going to go set up in the bedroom and stretch out. Maybe I can make amends by spreading out the playground.

Mackenzie

2 comments:

  1. This blog is fun to read. Hope Baby Bear comes out soon to do his/her exercises outside of Momma Bear. Ann Klavano

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's almost babytime!!!! Yahoo!!!! Auntie Wappy can hardly wait!! I think it's time to go pack a to-do bag for the cousins-to-be!! Yeah!!!!!!! Go walk around the mall for a few hours tonight and see what might happen:-)!!

    ReplyDelete